Friday, September 11, 2009

Sunday Stills: Mechanical Transportation

This was a fun challenge! I wish I had looked b4 leaving Idaho as they have some great train stations and could have had some fun pics .. BUT that said I was in Breckenridge and here are a few of the fun pics I took while wandering around enjoying our visit! Not all run on "gas" but they all take some type of fuel! lol And technically 2 or more people can ride on each one.. some may not be too comfortable though! lol

The Gondola ....


Snow Mobile....




Ski Lift ......

Rotary Train Plow from the 1800's (very cool!)


Zamboni at the local Ice Rink ...

Water Taxi .. How cool is that? lol

Sail Boat ....

Well.. They are mechanical.. and they are transportation ;)


Don't forget to check out http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/ to participate in Sunday Stills!

13 comments:

Cylithria Dubois said...

Love them. Great stills

Claudia said...

Those lifts are amazing. I think they are quite fascinating in the summer and terrifying in the winter! Do you ski?

Debbi Andersen said...

haha Nope.. we always go in the "off" season .. we do go on the gondolas when we can but last time i was on a ski lift I think I was 19 yrs old.. that was the first and last time hehe

Daisy said...

I'm thinking of all the simple machines involved in the sailboat. Pulley, lever, etc. Very mechanical!

Debbi Andersen said...

Daisy.. Exactly! and well technically Wind is a type of FUEL! lol so I think its all in the interpretation! :)

Ebie said...

Cool shots!I've been in a gondola ride and it was scary! I have a blogger friend who lives in Breckenridge and it is beautiful!

Ebie's Sunday Still's Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Nice job. Interesting choices. :)

CraftingWit said...

Awesome shots!!!! Love the ones of the gondolas!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great shots!


~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Lovely Gondolas :D

Anonymous said...

i like your take on the challenge, the gondolas look scary! :)

Holly said...

love those first few!

Kathy G said...

Great Job Deb!!!